Winter Adventure Without Skis In Colorado
DENVER, Dec. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Colorado is known around the world for its epic skiing and snowboarding and its 25 world-class ski resorts and areas. Yet, visitors who are looking to experience the other side of Colorado's winter season will find countless other activities in Colorado, from ice climbing to dog sledding. Following is a sampling of winter sports activities that can be enjoyed in Colorado. For more information, visit www.colorado.com.
- Snow Biking in Telluride. BootDoctors offers Big Tire Bike Tours on Salsa Mukluk fat bikes, an adventure that can be tailored to various riding abilities. A stop at the Telluride Brewing Company for an apres bike libation can be included in a half-day tour.
- Ice Climbing in Ouray. Ouray attracts visitors from around the world for its amazing ice climbing at the Ouray Ice Park. The Ouray Ice Park also offers the Kids Climbing College, a free ice climbing clinic for kids ages 8-17.
- Snowshoeing in Vail. For those who want to explore backcountry beauty on their own, the resort is home to amazing snowshoeing on groomed trails, Pack snacks and bottled water, strap on your snowshoes and you're on your way.
- Georgetown Jeep Ice Racing. For 37 years, Our Gang Ice Racing has held jeep ice races on Georgetown Lake in the charming Victorian town of Georgetown. On weekends in January and February, Georgetown Lake is transformed into a racetrack for Jeeps and other four-wheel drive vehicles.
- Hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park. The eastern side of Rocky Mountain National Park receives lighter snowfall, leaving low elevation trails (below 8,700 feet) open for hiking without the need for snowshoes. Trails range anywhere from 1.5 to three miles in length and are rated easy to moderate in terms of difficulty.
- Snowmobiling in Aspen. Access to amazing snowmobiling is widely available from outfitters such as the Aspen Snowmobile Concierge. Suited for ages 4 and up, this guided tour heads through Aspen's high mountain parks and pristine forests.
- Dog Sledding in Durango. Durango is home to the Durango Dog Ranch, which offers dog sledding tours on groomed backcountry trails. The ranch's season runs from mid November until mid April. There is a guide on every sled and all participants get a chance to drive the sled.
Contacts: Roland Alonzi / 646-442-6765, firstname.lastname@example.org
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts