Winter Adventure Without Skis In Colorado
DENVER, Dec. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Colorado is known around the world for its epic skiing and snowboarding and its 25 world-class ski resorts and areas. Yet, visitors who are looking to experience the other side of Colorado's winter season will find countless other activities in Colorado, from ice climbing to dog sledding. Following is a sampling of winter sports activities that can be enjoyed in Colorado. For more information, visit www.colorado.com.
- Snow Biking in Telluride. BootDoctors offers Big Tire Bike Tours on Salsa Mukluk fat bikes, an adventure that can be tailored to various riding abilities. A stop at the Telluride Brewing Company for an apres bike libation can be included in a half-day tour.
- Ice Climbing in Ouray. Ouray attracts visitors from around the world for its amazing ice climbing at the Ouray Ice Park. The Ouray Ice Park also offers the Kids Climbing College, a free ice climbing clinic for kids ages 8-17.
- Snowshoeing in Vail. For those who want to explore backcountry beauty on their own, the resort is home to amazing snowshoeing on groomed trails, Pack snacks and bottled water, strap on your snowshoes and you're on your way.
- Georgetown Jeep Ice Racing. For 37 years, Our Gang Ice Racing has held jeep ice races on Georgetown Lake in the charming Victorian town of Georgetown. On weekends in January and February, Georgetown Lake is transformed into a racetrack for Jeeps and other four-wheel drive vehicles.
- Hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park. The eastern side of Rocky Mountain National Park receives lighter snowfall, leaving low elevation trails (below 8,700 feet) open for hiking without the need for snowshoes. Trails range anywhere from 1.5 to three miles in length and are rated easy to moderate in terms of difficulty.
- Snowmobiling in Aspen. Access to amazing snowmobiling is widely available from outfitters such as the Aspen Snowmobile Concierge. Suited for ages 4 and up, this guided tour heads through Aspen's high mountain parks and pristine forests.
- Dog Sledding in Durango. Durango is home to the Durango Dog Ranch, which offers dog sledding tours on groomed backcountry trails. The ranch's season runs from mid November until mid April. There is a guide on every sled and all participants get a chance to drive the sled.
Contacts: Roland Alonzi / 646-442-6765, email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV