ST. PAUL, Minn., Dec. 20, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Aetrium Incorporated (Nasdaq:ATRM) today announced that on December 18, 2012, the presiding Judge for the Ramsey County District Court, Second Judicial District, State of Minnesota, issued an Order denying the plaintiffs group of dissident shareholders' motion for a temporary injunction. The plaintiffs dissident shareholders group, headed by Jeffrey Eberwein, initiated this lawsuit on November 29, 2012, seeking declaratory and injunctive relief relating to the company's special meeting of shareholders held on November 26, 2012 on the demand of the Eberwein group.
"Aetrium continues to strongly believe there is no merit to any of the allegations or claims brought by the Eberwein group in the underlying lawsuit, and we intend to continue to vigorously defend against it," said Joseph Levesque, president and CEO of the company. "More importantly, we will continue to move forward with our initiatives to respond effectively to the very challenging times still prevailing in our industry and to position ourselves to take best advantage of the opportunities that will present themselves when and as our industry turns back up to better times."
Aetrium, based in North St. Paul, Minnesota, is a leading supplier of proprietary technologies and equipment that are used by the worldwide semiconductor industry to test integrated circuits. The company's products are used by customers to advance reliability, improve quality, increase product yield or improve manufacturing processes. Aetrium's common stock is publicly traded on the Nasdaq market under the symbol ATRM. More information about Aetrium is available on the internet at www.Aetrium.com.The Aetrium Incorporated logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=6943
CONTACT: Doug Hemer Aetrium Incorporated (651) 773-4274
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV