CHICAGO, Dec. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- CAHG, a leading professional healthcare communications agency, has created a special program for its annual holiday charitable giving effort to help the victims of Hurricane Sandy that recently hit the East Coast.
The program, entitled "Rebuild, Restore, Refresh, and Replenish" is a four-week donation drive coordinated with various relief organizations, focusing on collecting different essential items each week. In addition, there are other ways employees can help:
- Employees can apply their " Charity Days" to the Sandy relief effort. The agency's Charity Day Program encourages employees to volunteer and provides them with paid days off annually to actively support philanthropic causes of their choice.
- Any employee donations designated for two disaster relief organizations working in the tri-state area, the American Red Cross and Doctors Without Borders, will be matched by the company via the Frank J. Corbett Foundation.
For "Rebuild, Restore, Refresh, and Replenish," CAHG employees in New York and Chicago were asked for donations of tools and cleaning products to "Rebuild" in the first week starting December 14, winter coats and accessories to "Restore" in the next week, hygiene products to "Refresh" in week three, and blood donations to "Replenish" in week four.Scott Cotherman, President and CEO, CAHG and Chairman, TBWA\WorldHealth, said, "We are pleased to support the efforts of the countless volunteers who are helping the victims of Hurricane Sandy slowly bring their lives back to normal. The devastation wrought by Sandy affected our colleagues, clients, co-workers, and their families in many ways." TalentWorks, CAHG's human resources department, developed the program after discussions with charities to identify the most urgent needs. To fulfill the agency's company-wide mission of "Life's Too Short," CAHG encourages volunteerism, donations, and pro bono work, especially for healthcare-related and disaster relief organizations.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts