Derrick Siedel from Pembine, Wisconsin was announced the winner of Febreze’s first-ever “Best of Holidays Past” Contest, which sought to bring holiday cheer to those who were unable to be with their loved ones this winter. Derrick, a cable worker employed out of state in Grand Marais, Minnesota, was unknowingly nominated by his fiancée, who was saddened by the thought of Derrick having to spend the holidays in a hotel room instead of being with his family.
“Derrick works so hard to take care of us all and deserves some happiness even if he can’t be at home,” said Rebecca VanGinkel, Derrick’s fiancée. “He lives in a hotel while he's working, so he never really feels completely comfortable, and he barely ever gets a home cooked meal. While he has every reason to complain, he never does, and is always trying to cheer us up by sending us home cards, letters, and little presents.”
“We were so moved by Rebecca’s nomination for Derrick, we immediately knew we had to help brighten his holiday spirits and bring the comfort of home to his hotel room,” said Michelle Lohman, North America Communications Manager for Febreze.
So Febreze did just that, and set out to bring Derrick a holiday experience he would never forget. In just twenty-four hours the Febreze team completely transformed Derrick’s hotel room into a holiday wonderland, complete with a Christmas stocking put together by Derrick’s children and a few cherished ornaments from back home in Wisconsin. Febreze was also on hand for the surprise unveiling to present Derrick with a $10,000 grand prize.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV