TORONTO, Dec. 20, 2012 /CNW/ - RBC today announced that the RBC Play Hockey Charity Challenge raised $100,000 for grassroots hockey initiatives.
The game, held on Wednesday, December 19 was the first ever sold-out game at Mattamy Athletic Centre and featured 39 National Hockey League Players' Association members.
"Through the RBC Play Hockey Charity Challenge we are proud to help deliver $100,000 for grassroots hockey and learn-to-skate programs across the country," said Jane Broderick, chief brand and communications officer, RBC. "RBC is committed to helping hockey happen, at every level and in every community across North America."
The proceeds will be distributed through the NHLPA Goals and Dreams Fund and RBC Play Hockey."The RBC Play Hockey Charity Challenge enabled us to share the joy and excitement of hockey with fans and celebrate the spirit of giving by raising funds for local hockey programs across the country," said RBC Play Hockey Ambassador Steven Stamkos, who captained one of the participating teams. RBC Play Hockey is one of the largest corporately funded hockey programs that supports grassroots hockey in communities across North America. To date, RBC has provided more than $1,500,000 in grants to over 120 hockey programs - ranging from learn-to-skate, ball hockey and equipment-sharing programs to reduced registration, access to ice and hockey clinic initiatives. As a premier partner of Hockey Canada and USA Hockey, RBC is an official sponsor of each country's men's and women's national teams, the 2013 IIHF World Junior Championship, and Canada's National Junior A Championship - the RBC Cup. For more information, visit rbcplayhockey.com, follow us on Twitter @RBCPlayHockey or on Facebook www.facebook.com/rbcplayhockey. SOURCE RBC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV