Costolo and Mayer obviously know one another from their days together at Google (GOOG). And Twitter is probably a better long-term partner for Yahoo! anyway.
Ultimately, they can help one another out during times of need. Mayer has kicked things off nicely, but she needs a strong platform -- outside of Yahoo! -- to push Flickr forward. And Flickr can pick up exactly where Instagram left off . . . and more.
So maybe I do endorse the idea after all.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV