Cramer Quick Take: No Deal Until the Super Bowl
Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- What does Jim Cramer really think about the state of affairs in Washington?
He told Debra Borchardt at TheStreet.com Thursday the fiscal cliff negotiations are a "fiasco," and things remain totally hopeless in Washington.
Cramer said he's still holding out hope for a deal, but that deal likely won't come until football's Super Bowl in late January. By then everyone will have gotten a paycheck that includes higher taxes and will be outraged.Investors just need to understand that Washington has a negative effect on P/E ratios, said Cramer. The markets will go on, he concluded, but they'd be a lot higher with a budget deal in place. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV