NEW YORK, Dec. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- JetBlue Airways (Nasdaq: JBLU) today announced the promotion of Alex Battaglia to the position of Senior Vice President, System Operations. Mr. Battaglia will oversee the execution of JetBlue's day-to-day operations including System Operations, Dispatch, Air Traffic Management, Crew Services and Emergency Response and Care. He will continue to report to the airline's Chief Operating Officer, Rob Maruster.
"Alex's strong leadership of our Airports and System Operations has led to our best operating year in the last five, including the near-flawless handling of our operational recovery following Hurricane Sandy," said Rob Maruster, chief operating officer of JetBlue. "His greatest strength lies in building relationships across the organization, tearing down barriers to execution and delegating decision making. We look forward to his continued success in this role."Mr. Battaglia previously served as JetBlue's Vice President of Airports and Operations, and will continue to lead the Airports group until a new leader is assimilated. In his new capacity, he will also assume responsibility for the airline's JetForward Program, the largest single multi-year strategic initiative in Operations to improve core technology used in planning, running and recovering JetBlue's operation within System Operations. He will also lead Business Continuity efforts, and will be defining those and other organizational requirements as he leads the team. "It's an honor and a privilege to serve our more than 14,500 crewmembers in this role," said Mr. Battaglia. "It's an exciting time for us at JetBlue as we continue to grow, lead the industry with our award winning service, our core values and unique culture. I look forward to taking on new challenges with both the JetForward Program and Business Continuity in System Operations."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV