DALLAS, Dec. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- With the increasing popularity and use of single-mode Bluetooth ® low energy in automotive, home office, medical and health, sports and fitness, and mobile and PC accessories, Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) released its newest BLE-Stack™ 1.3 software to support continued development and enhancement of Bluetooth low energy. TI's BLE-Stack 1.3 includes over-the-air firmware downloads (OAD), which enable updates to CC2540/1 firmware to be downloaded from a central device, such as a phone, tablet or PC onto the CC2540/1 system-on-chip (SoC) directly over the RF link. OAD support helps customers save time and simplify the software upgrade process, leaving more time to design and create new Bluetooth low energy devices and applications.
Additionally, for customers using Bluetooth low energy and proprietary implementations, TI's unique Boot Image Manager (BIM) allows multiple firmware stacks to reside on a single CC2540/1 SoC. BIM enables an end-product to support two different Bluetooth low energy stacks or a single Bluetooth low energy stack and a single 2.4GHz proprietary stack. For more information, visit http://www.ti.com/blestack13-pr.
"The Bluetooth low energy market is rapidly expanding because of its ease of use and the innovative, unique applications being created to take advantage of Bluetooth v4.0-enabled smartphones and tablets. However, barriers to entry still remain," said Sid Shaw, worldwide business development and marketing manager, Wireless Connectivity Solutions, TI. "Our new BLE-Stack 1.3 makes development with the CC2540/41 devices even easier through over-the-air firmware downloads, new interface support and increased tools functionality to help developers quickly get from concept to design."
The new software features are further supported by sample applications with extensive profile support and include upgraded network processor UART and SPI interfaces for improved power management control. To further the development of new Bluetooth low energy applications, the new BLE-Stack 1.3 also runs on TI's SensorTag development kit and Mini-kit. The SensorTag development kit is supported by OAD, iOS app and the Bluetooth low energy device monitor.Tools, availability, packaging and price TI BLE-Stack 1.3 Bluetooth low energy application software is available royalty-free to all customers using TI's CC2540/1 Bluetooth low energy SoC family. The CC2540DKMINI, CC2540DK and CC2541EMK development kits are available on TI's eStore for USD $99, $299, and $99, respectively. TI's CC2541 SensorTag development kit is available on the eStore for USD $25. Find out more about TI's wireless connectivity solutions
- TI's Bluetooth low energy solutions: http://www.ti.com/ble
- TI's wireless connectivity solutions: www.ti.com/wirelessconnectivity
- TI's wireless connectivity selection guide: www.ti.com/wirelessconnectivityguide
- TI E2E™ wireless connectivity support community: www.ti.com/wicon-forum
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV