RICHMOND, Va., Dec. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Brink's Company (NYSE: BCO), a global leader in security-related services, today announced that Patty Watson, 46, has been named Chief Information Officer, effective January 7, 2013. Ms. Watson has nearly 15 years of information technology and shared services management experience, most recently as the Senior Technology Executive for the treasury, credit and payments division of Bank of America. Ms. Watson will be responsible for implementing information technology and process improvements to deliver operational efficiencies and service differentiation for Brink's customers. She will report directly to Thomas C. Schievelbein, Chairman of the Board, President and CEO of The Brink's Company.
"Patty has extensive information technology experience with a track record of optimizing systems that are vital to the success of a global services business," said Schievelbein. "Her expertise in developing innovative applications to support corporate and commercial customers, honed during her nearly 15 years in the banking industry, will be invaluable to our company as we continue to grow our business and streamline our operations around the world."
"Patty's appointment adds to the strength and depth of the Brink's leadership team," Mr. Schievelbein continued. "Earlier this week we announced Mel Parker will join us as President of Brink's North America and I am confident that both of these inspirational leaders will play key roles in enhancing shareholder value.""Building out the technology infrastructure to yield operational efficiencies while providing a framework for future growth is critical in a complex, global, customer-focused company like Brink's," said Ms. Watson. "I am excited by the opportunity to help Brink's deliver innovative solutions to its customers around the world and look forward to joining the Brink's team."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV