Reputation Advocate Reports Facebook Privacy Control Changes
NASHVILLE, Tenn., Dec. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Reputation Advocate, an online reputation management firm, is currently helping clients understand the new changes to Facebook's privacy controls. As the Nashville-based company has found, social media posts can be especially damaging to a company or individual's reputation, with many people responsible for posting the damaging material.
In recent years, increasing attention has been paid to the exposure social media sites create. Potential employers will often look at a prospective hire's social sites and make a decision based on the material found on such sites as Facebook. One of the biggest problems is that some people believe content on a Facebook page is private when it may actually not be.
The social site is also updating app settings. As Reputation Advocate explains, when users currently try to download an app, they are greeted with an exhaustive list of things the app will access once downloaded. Those can include friends' contact information and posting to a timeline. Instead of going through this list at setup, Facebook will provide basic privacy warnings at first, then pop up further privacy warnings for approval later as the app is in use. However, according to Reputation Advocate, privacy settings for apps will vary from app to app, depending on the requirements of individual developers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV