SALT LAKE CITY, Dec. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- It has been a year of charity for USANA Health Sciences, Inc. (NYSE: USNA). Since the inception of the USANA True Health Foundation in March, USANA, its employees, its associates and friends of the company have raised more than $3 million in monetary and Usanimals™ children's supplement donations, with $2.3 million in monies and vitamins donated to those in need this year.
"The only way we are able to do so much good is through the generous donations from USANA associates and employees," said USANA True Health Foundation President Elaine Pace. "With sincere gratitude I'm pleased to report that we have surpassed our goal in donations this year. With all the help we've been able to render in eight months, we expect to exceed our donation goal for next year as well."
The USANA True Health Foundation's primary partner for disaster relief is International Relief Teams (IRT). IRT is vigilant in choosing appropriate responses to emergency situations so resources can be effectively leveraged. The Foundation has donated $90,000 to relief efforts through IRT."It's been a year racked with sudden tragedy," said USANA True Health Foundation board member David Haynes. "It gives me peace of mind to know that people can count on us to offer assistance in their time of need. Although the Foundation is new, I look forward to a long and meaningful future of making a difference around the world." Donation Summary
- Disaster relief— $50,000 to aid victims of flooding in the Philippines
- Disaster relief— $30,000 to support victims of Hurricane Sandy
- Disaster relief— $10,000 to help victims of Typhoon Bopha
- Musician support— Musician Chris Collier will donate all proceeds from his hit single to Children's Hunger Fund through the USANA True Health Foundation
- Children's Hunger Fund support (CHF)—More than $2.2 million to aid in CHF's mission to improve the lives of poor children and their families through cash and Usanimals donations.