At the Annual General Meeting, shareholders
HONG KONG, Dec. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- China Cord Blood Corporation (NYSE: CO) ("CCBC" or the "Company"), the first and largest cord blood banking operator in China, today announced the results of its 2012 Annual General Meeting, which was held on December 19, 2012, in Hong Kong.
- Ratified the appointment of KPMG as the independent auditor of the Company for the financial year ending March 31, 2013, and authorized any duly formed committee of the directors to fix the remuneration of the auditors; and
- Elected Mr. Yuen Kam, Mr. Julian J. Wolhardt and Ms. Jennifer J. Weng to serve on the Board of Directors until the 2015 Annual General Meeting of the Company or until their respective successors are duly appointed and qualified, and Mr. Yuen Kam will be the chairman of the board of directors; and
- Passed a special resolution to amend the articles of association of the Company to change the threshold required to approve future special resolutions from 75% of the votes cast to 66 2/3%, and authorized the directors to make all necessary filings in respect of the amendments to the article of association.
About China Cord Blood Corporation
China Cord Blood Corporation is the first and largest cord blood banking operator in China in terms of geographical coverage and the only cord blood banking operator with multiple licenses. Under current PRC government regulations, only one licensed cord blood banking operator is permitted to operate in each licensed region and only seven licenses have been authorized as of today. China Cord Blood Corporation provides cord blood collection, laboratory testing, hematopoietic stem cell processing, and stem cell storage services. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.chinacordbloodcorp.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV