Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI), a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers, today announced that it has been awarded the iF product design award 2013 for the MOTOTRBOTM SL Series digital two-way radio and the LEX 700 mission-critical handheld. The SL Series and LEX 700 were selected from more than 3,000 entries for their outstanding design.
About the SL Series
- The SL Series is the world’s thinnest, lightest Digital Mobile Radio (DMR) portable, designed to meet the communication needs of business users and executives in industries such as hospitality, services, security and airlines.
- The radio’s slim design and unique features enhance the level of professionalism and discretion for users to provide superior customer service and faster response times.
About the LEX 700
- The LEX 700 is a purpose-built Long-Term Evolution (LTE) handheld device for public safety that provides the critical intelligence first responders need in the field.
- It combines the form factor and versatility of a smartphone with the ergonomics of a mission-critical radio and the power and capability of a rugged mobile computer.
- The device's integrated user experience provides multimedia applications to increase situational awareness and enhance tactical collaboration.
- For 60 years, the iF product design award has been internationally recognized for outstanding achievements in design. The iF online exhibition will be updated on Feb. 22 to showcase 2013 award-winning entries.
- All 2013 iF award-winning entries will be presented – either live or as digital installations – at the iF design exhibition Hannover, which will run in parallel to CeBIT (March 5-9, 2013) at the Hannover exhibition center.