Background: General Electric is one of the largest and most diversified industrial corporations in the world. GE is engaged in developing, manufacturing and marketing a wide variety of products for the generation, transmission, distribution, control and utilization of electricity.
52-Week Range: $17.15 to $23.18Price to Book: 1.9 Earnings Payout Percentage: 52% TheStreet's Brian Sozzi writes about GE in The Day Ahead: Clamoring for the Truth. I am a big fan of GE and especially so near $20 (or less). GE is politically connected, financially connected and management talent connected. Clearly they went overboard during the financial meltdown, but they are back from the dead. One could argue GE is stronger than ever; especially after this month's announcement of another dividend hike. Shareholders can expect to receive 76 cents annually in dividends, and a yield about 3.5%. GE has 13 buy recommendations out of 17 analysts covering the company, along with four holds, and zero sell ratings. The stock appreciated 4.1% in the last year, and the average analyst target price for GE is $24.71. Wednesday the price dropped below the 60 day moving average, but well above the bullish indicating 200-day moving average. There are not very many stocks that I consider worth buying and forgetting about. GE is one of them, and it appears reasonable to expect current buyers will look forward to a dividend yield over 4% by this time next year. GE PE Ratio TTM data by YCharts
At the time of publication, the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @RobertWeinstein This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV