Background: Vale engages in the exploration, production and sale of basic metals in Brazil and internationally. Vale was founded in 1942 and is based in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
52-Week Range: $15.77 to $26.87Price to Book: 1.3 Earnings Payout Percentage: 34% Investors are receiving 62 cents in annual dividends. Even following the massive 67% price increase in the last month, the yield remains above 3%. Based on the price chart, I want to see a base built in the price before entry. A test of the 200-day moving average near $19.50 is an attractive entry point. The average analyst target price for is $22.60. Short sellers may gain interest after such a fast climb. Make sure to check before buying to see if there is an appreciable increase in short interest. If so, pull the entry price range lower into the $18.50 area (the price zone I would expect many shorts to take profits). Currently short sellers are hard to find with only 1.2% of the average trading float short.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV