Dow Chemical (DOW)
Background: Dow Chemical is a science and technology company that provides innovative chemical, plastic and agricultural products and services to many essential consumer markets.
52-Week Range: $26.77 to $36.08Price to Book: 2 Earnings Payout Percentage: 88% TheStreet's Jim Cramer writes about DOW in DOW: Quit Your Bellyaching. Shareholders receive $1.28 annually in dividend payments. The yield is an enticing 4%. With a payout of nearly 90%, I would normally take a pass, however, 2013 earnings are estimated at $2.44. Based on 2013 estimated earnings, the payout rate will shift downward closer to 50%. In the last month, Dow jettisoned 40.5% higher and appears mostly on track to continue. Look for a price retracement as an entry signal. With a little patience, an entry near $31.50 is reasonable. I am not a big fan of chasing stocks, and buying north of $32.50 before a base is built feels like chasing to me. In the last 52 weeks, shares are about even with a small gain of 1%. Dow Chemical has an average analyst target price of $33.00. We are all but there already. I expect we will read about upward moving analyst's price targets in the first quarter 2013. DOW Payout Ratio TTM data by YCharts
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV