Covidien (NYSE:COV), a leading global provider of healthcare products, today announced the five-year results of the ClosureFast™ Long-Term European Multi-Center Study in patients with Chronic Venous Insufficiency (CVI). This study evaluates the five-year outcomes of a minimally invasive endovascular therapy for treatment of CVI.
The ClosureFast Study was conducted prospectively at eight centers in Europe. The Venefit™ procedure (using the ClosureFast radiofrequency ablation catheter) was used to treat 295 lower limbs in 225 patients diagnosed with superficial venous reflux, the underlying cause of varicose veins and CVI. This progressive medical condition affects the veins in the leg and compromises their ability to carry blood back to the heart. This is a worldwide issue and, in fact, impacts over 30 million Americans in the United States alone. 1 If left untreated, varicose veins can advance to CVI, which, in severe cases, may result in lower leg pain, skin damage, and leg ulcerations.
"The five-year final analysis from the ClosureFast Study shows sustained treatment success in anatomical and clinical categories and supports its leading position in endovenous vein treatment," said Thomas Proebstle, MD, Universitaets Hautklinik Heidelberg, Germany, who recently delivered the study results at the American College of Phlebology 26 th Annual Congress.
ClosureFast Study Design and Five-Year ResultsThis prospective, multi-center study enrolled 225 patients and treated 295 limbs at eight centers in Europe from April 2006 to June 2007. The study treated patients diagnosed with superficial venous reflux with the minimally invasive Venefit procedure using the ClosureFast radiofrequency ablation catheter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV