Stock Futures Point to Lower Open
The Philadelphia Federal Reserve's business outlook survey, out at 10 a.m. as well, is expected to show an improvement to minus 3 for December from minus 10.7 in November.
Simultaneously, the Conference Board's Leading Economic Indicators Index is predicted to have declined to minus 0.2% in November after increasing 0.2% in October.
Also out at 10 a.m. is the Federal Housing Finance Agency's housing price index for October.
The FTSE 100 in London was up 0.06% and the DAX in Germany was lower by 0.03% after major European indices soared to fresh 2012 highs the prior session.The Asian markets finished mixed as the amount by which the Bank of Japan expanded its asset-buying program fell short of some investors' expectations. Hong Kong's Hang Seng index closed up by 0.16% and Japan's Nikkei average finished off 1.19% Thursday. Gold for February delivery was up 50 cents at $1,668.20 an ounce at the Comex division of the New York Mercantile Exchange, while February crude oil contracts were down 10 cents at $89.88 a barrel. The benchmark 10-year Treasury was rising 9/32, diluting the yield to 1.775%. The dollar was off 0.06%, according to the
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV