LITTLE ROCK, Ark., Dec. 19, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Windstream Corp. (Nasdaq:WIN) today entered into an agreement with the state of Oklahoma to dismiss bribery and conspiracy charges contained in an indictment returned by a state grand jury in August.
The charges stemmed from a customer event that Windstream hosted at the 2007 NCAA Final Four men's basketball championship for business customers, including the Broken Arrow School District. The company denied any wrongdoing but entered into today's agreement in the interest of reaching a compromise acceptable to it and to the state. As part of the agreement, Windstream pledged to take certain steps affirming its commitment to full compliance with all federal, state and local laws.
"We are pleased to reach an agreement with the state of Oklahoma to dismiss these charges," said John Fletcher, executive vice president and general counsel for Windstream. "We have denied the charges from the beginning and cooperated fully with the investigation. As always, our focus remains on conducting our business with integrity."About Windstream Windstream Corp. (Nasdaq:WIN) is a leading provider of advanced network communications, including cloud computing and managed services, to businesses nationwide. The company also offers broadband, phone and digital TV services to consumers primarily in rural areas. Windstream has more than $6 billion in annual revenues and is listed on the S&P 500 index. For more information, visit www.windstream.com. The Windstream Corporation logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=8314
CONTACT: David Avery, 501-748-5876 firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV