Irreconcilable Differences: Let's Divide America in Two
With our governmental bodies almost equally divided from year to year, we lurch from just under 50% of the population being unhappy and depressed for two-four-eight years, to another just-under 50% of the population being unhappy and depressed for the next two-four-eight years. Imagine the loss of productivity that follows from this anger and strife, all the brain cycles lost into the ether of political conflict and razor-sharp losses.
If America divided into two, both sides would get their way. There would be no losers. People could focus on working and living their lives. It would be like having the cake and eating it too. How could anybody without dictatorial ambitions possibly oppose this?
President Obama, of all people, ought to love it. As the liberal darling of the quarter-century, perhaps half-century, of the blue states, he could probably be elected ruler for life. Or if not elected, probably not face meaningful opposition if he decided to just stay in power on his own. Golf and Air Force One forever? C'mon, you know you want it!
As I was writing this article in various stages over the last few months, someone sent me this specific
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV