VANCOUVER, Dec. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - Avcorp Industries Inc. (the "Company" or "Avcorp") is pleased to announce that the first, two very successful flights of an F-35 'Carrier Variant (CV)' with Avcorp-built Out- Board Wing (OBW) assemblies took place at Lockheed Martin's facility in Fort Worth, Texas on 30 November and 05 December 2012. Of particular note is that a Canadian and former CF-18 pilot, Billie Flynn, was at the controls on the second flight.
"Avcorp is very pleased to see these major milestones achieved," said Mark Van Rooij, President & CEO of Avcorp. "This marks the successful culmination of a rigorous New Product Introduction (NPI) Program which included the transfer of significant technological advancements from both our Customer, BAE Systems and from the Prime Contractor, Lockheed Martin."
Regarding the first Flight of CF-05, Alistair Aitken, Project Manager - CV OBW International Programmes at BAE SYSTEMS stated: "Recognizing the hard work and the level of effort from all concerned on the OBW program I am sure I speak for everyone when I say it is very satisfying to see the end product in service."
CF-05's initial flights were, in fact, so successful it has been ferried to the US Navy's Flight Test Center at Patuxent River, Maryland ('PAX River'), arriving there on 11 December 2012, to be integrated into the F-35 Flight Test Program which has already seen all three aircraft variants complete over 2,000 flights and over 16,000 Test Points.About the Products Avcorp builds, integrates and tests the complex OBW assemblies which are comprised of Titanium, Aluminum and Composite structural sub-assembles as well as numerous components for a variety of hydraulic and avionic sub-systems.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV