GRAND RAPIDS, Mich., Dec. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Consumers Energy is reminding customers what to do before, during and after a winter storm, as the utility prepares for an expected storm late Thursday and into Friday.
Consumers Energy is making preparations respond to any electric service interruptions that may result from the winter season's first major storm to hit Michigan. High winds and heavy, wet snow may result in power outages, but the utility is prepared.
"Our customers can rest assured that they can count on us to be ready when this storm hits," said Garrick Rochow, Consumers Energy vice president of energy delivery. "We are mobilizing company and contract personnel and equipment to be in place for rapid response to any customer power outages."At the same time, Rochow said, it's advisable for customers to be prepared for this and other winter storms to keep themselves and their family members safe. "It's important that we take time to plan for severe weather activity," Rochow said. "Being prepared can minimize the impact of a storm and help you and your family to stay safe." Be PreparedKeep several days of food that does not need cooking or refrigeration. Remember to stock up on infant formula and baby food if you have children. If you plan on using canned goods, be sure to have a can opener that does not require electricity. Keep several days of water on hand (about 5 gallons per person per day) in case your pipes freeze or your loose power. Charge electronic devices and cell phones that can be used to report an emergency or check the status of a power outage or local emergency assistance. If possible, have an additional cell phone battery charged to act as a backup.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV