ELMIRA, N.Y., Dec. 19, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Chemung Financial Corporation (Nasdaq:CHMG) announced today that its Board of Directors has approved a stock repurchase plan under which the Company may repurchase up to 125,000 shares.
Chemung Financial Corporation is a $1.3 billion financial services holding company headquartered in Elmira, New York and operates 28 retail offices through its principal subsidiary, Chemung Canal Trust Company, a full-service community bank with full trust powers. Established in 1833, Chemung Canal Trust Company is the oldest active independent bank in New York State. Chemung Financial Corporation is also the parent of CFS Group, Inc., a financial services subsidiary offering non-traditional services including mutual funds, annuities, brokerage services, tax preparation services and insurance. CFS Group, Inc. was founded in 2001.
This press release may also be found at www.chemungcanal.comThis press release may include forward-looking statements with respect to revenue sources, growth, market risk, corporate objectives and possible losses due to asset quality. These statements constitute "forward-looking" statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Chemung Financial Corporation assumes no duty, and specifically disclaims any obligation to update forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, and cautions that these statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause the Corporation's actual operating results to differ materially.
CONTACT: Mark A. Severson Treasurer and Chief Financial Officer (607) 737-3714
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV