Americans Are Going Sunless For The Holidays
NEW YORK, Dec. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- With the holidays fast approaching, people everywhere are planning getaways … or stay-at-home relaxation. No matter how they spend their holidays, this season more Americans than ever will be trying on a sunless tan. In fact, the sunless industry has been on the rise for the past few years with new technologies and formulas that ensure flawless color and impeccable coverage, easing the minds of even the most wary. However, the life and quality of a sunless tan is contingent on the right care, which is why proper maintenance both before and after an at-home or in-salon treatment is just as crucial as the actual application itself. Sunless Inc. sunless tanning expert, Ricky Croft , has all of the tips needed to ensure that your sunless tan lasts until the new year and bronzing blunders remain a thing of the past.
Croft says that clean, freshly washed skin is the first step to obtaining an even tan. Use body washes and exfoliators that don't contain any oils, since these ingredients can impede the tan's development. Starting with a clean palette also means a sunless tan will fade uniformly.
Shaving or waxing at least 24-48 hours prior to sunless tanning in order to give the skin's pores time to close and to help ensure an even tan is recommended. Shaving closes the cells and makes skin very tight – therefore making skin unsusceptible to absorbing the tanner if done too close before application.
Use sunless tanners sparingly around rough and dry areas such as knees, elbows and ankles, as these areas tend to darken more quickly. Apply a petroleum based product to cuticles and nail beds to avoid discoloration. Be cautious and take added care of parched skin between applications during the winter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV