BOSTON, Dec. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Block & Leviton LLP ( www.blockesq.com), a Boston-based law firm representing investors nationwide, has commenced an investigation into possible breaches of fiduciary duty by the Board of Directors of Gardner Denver, Inc. ("Gardner Denver" or the "Company") (NASDAQ: GDI) concerning the discussed acquisition of the Company by SPX Corporation ("SPX") (NYSE: SPW).
News reports have estimated that the deal would be valued at approximately $85.00 for each Gardner Denver share owned. A transaction price of $85.00 per share represents a paltry 15% premium over the Company's share price prior to the most recent news reports. Moreover, the proposed price of $85.00 per share represents a premium of just 1% over the Company's 12-month high. Not surprisingly, the mean consensus amongst analysts is that the Company's stock price will "outperform" current estimates.
Block & Leviton's investigation seeks to determine, among other things, whether Gardner Denver's Directors would be breaching their fiduciary duties by failing to maximize shareholder value if the potential acquisition by SPX is consummated.
If you are a Gardner Denver shareholder and have questions about your legal rights, or if you have information relevant to this investigation, please contact attorney Philip J. Marino, at (617) 398-5600 or email him at Philip@blockesq.com.Block & Leviton is a Boston-based law firm representing investors nationwide for violations of securities laws. The firm's lawyers have collectively been prosecuting securities cases on behalf of investors for over 50 years. This notice may constitute attorney advertising. Contact: BLOCK & LEVITON LLP Philip J. Marino, Esq. Philip@blockesq.com (617) 398-5600 SOURCE Block & Leviton LLP
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV