News Summary: Corn Drops On Ethanol Supply Gain
By The Associated Press
CORN FIZZLES: Corn fell after the government reported a build in fuel ethanol inventories. That suggests demand for corn may slow in the months ahead.
JUMPING JUICE: Orange juice futures rose on concerns that a winter freeze could hurt Florida's crop. The government has predicted that production will fall after next year's harvest.
FISCAL WALL: Other commodities were mixed as U.S. budget negotiations appeared to stall with less than two weeks left before tax hikes and government spending cuts take effect. Prices rose for oil and orange juice. Gold and industrial metals fell.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV