NEW YORK, Dec. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Sirius XM Radio (NASDAQ: SIRI) announced today that Patrick Carney, drummer of the Grammy®-Award winning band The Black Keys, will host Serious Boredom, an exclusive show on SiriusXMU, channel 35.
Serious Boredom will premiere on Thursday, December 20 at 8:00 pm ET. New episodes will debut on the first Thursday of every month beginning in January 2013.
The show will feature Carney talking about and playing his favorite independent music, new and old, as well as music from his personal collection. During the first episode, SiriusXM listeners will hear Carney play music by artists like Pavement, Guided By Voices and Yo La Tengo as well as a new duet by Adam Green and Binki Shapiro."I'm excited about the show and the opportunity to host SiriusXMU's Serious Boredom. I've wanted to do a DJ gig like this for a while now and looking forward to being on air," said Patrick Carney. "We are the place to discover new music and we take pride in creating unique and wide-ranging opportunities for our listeners to hear new artists and songs," said Scott Greenstein, President and Chief Content Officer, SiriusXM. "When an influential artist like Patrick Carney gets behind the mic and invites listeners for an inside look into his inspirations and personal favorites, it's a special, must-hear moment for our subscribers. And we know Patrick's Serious Boredom will be anything but." After each broadcast, Serious Boredom will be available on SiriusXM On Demand for subscribers listening via the SiriusXM Internet Radio App for smartphones and other mobile devices or online at siriusxm.com. Visit www.siriusxm.com/ondemand for more info on SiriusXM On Demand. SiriusXMU plays the best new indie and underground music by artists like Animal Collective, Pavement, Arcade Fire, Radiohead, Grizzly Bear, Modest Mouse, Vampire Weekend, Beach House, The Shins and Flaming Lips.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV