Here's a comparable chart showing LEN's 1-year share price, quarterly revenue per share growth, and its year-over-year diluted quarterly EPS trajectory.
As the chart colorfully shows, LEN's quarterly EPS must rebound sharply to sustain its current price-per-share, which is close to a 52-week high. Lennar will report its latest quarterly numbers and step into the earnings confessional on Jan. 11. Investors and potential investors will be listening closely.
If you decide to speculate on shares of TOL and LEN I encourage you to have a carefully predetermined stop-loss strategy in place to limit the downside risk.Conventional wisdom tells us, "You've got to cut your losses and let your winners ride." Now's as good a time as any to apply that wisdom as we end a volatile financial year and enter a new, promising one. As of the time of publication the author is not long shares of any company mentioned in this article.
Make smarter trading decisions and provide investment ideas that could help make you richer. Bryan Ashenberg does the dirty work so you don't have to!This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV