As the chart below illustrates colorfully, this is a big improvement in TOL's earnings. The Journal article pointed out that the latest quarter included a net tax benefit of almost $351 million. Yet as the chart points out quarterly revenues have been rising sharply, up 48% to nearly $633 million.
Confidence among U.S. homebuilders climbed in December for the eighth straight month, reaching its highest level in more than six years and adding to signs that real estate is aiding the economic expansion.
Toll Brothers stock has had a good run since its Nov. 15th intraday low of $28.50. So investors may be well-served to wait for a correction or some weakness before investing. But don't wait too long or for too big of a price pullback.As Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link wrote to their Action Alerts Plus subscribers last week, "We like its
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV