5 Most Outrageous Employee Resignations In 2012
Resigning Via Song And Brass Band
There's quitting with style, and then there's announcing your decision in song. That was the path chosen by barista Phil Sipka as he resigned from his job at the trendy Robust Coffee Lounge in Chicago in October was backed up a group known as The Voices.
His announcement, which was aired earlier this month on the "Steve Harvey Show," felt more like a rehearsed tribute to the band, Boyz II Men, than an indignant kiss off. "You know I said I am going, yeah," intoned the five back-up singers.
And not everyone who watched the clip was convinced the quitting was authentic. After it was posted to Reddit, commenter amobi25 wrote: "Obviously its fake ... Its just showing you HOW TO QUIT."So How Should You Quit Your Job Next Year? It's best for discontent workers to talk to their manager about their concerns before they reach a "boiling point," career coach Deborah Brown-Volkman said. And don't think walking in a huff on principle is necessarily going to endear you to colleagues. As Penelope Trunk, the founder of Career Brazenist, noted when asked about Smith's quitting from Goldman Sachs: "Does this guy think we are morons that we don't know Goldman Sachs is about making money? It's not OK to trash everyone around you for your change of heart."
More From AOL Jobs Quitting Your Job? 5 Tips On How To Do It Tactfully (Not Like That Goldman Sachs Guy) Best Cities For Young Workers 10 Things You Should Never Say In A Job Interview
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV