Corn Drops As Ethanol Fuel Inventories Increase
By The Associated Press
An increase in fuel ethanol inventories is pushing the price of corn down to a five-month low.
Corn for March delivery fell 17 cents to finish at $7.03 a bushel Wednesday. That's the lowest since July 6.
The Energy Department said fuel ethanol supplies rose 20.8 million barrels last week, 18 percent more than a year ago.Analysts said the increase in stockpiles could indicate slower demand in the months ahead. Other commodities ended mixed as U.S. budget negotiations appeared to hit a wall less than two weeks before tax hikes and government spending cuts are set to take effect. In other trading, prices for oil, wholesale gasoline and orange juice rose. Gold, industrial metals, wheat and soybeans fell.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV