Books-A-Million, Inc. (Nasdaq/NM: BAMM) today announced that it donated nearly 19,000 bags of Joe Muggs coffee to troops serving overseas through their Coffee for the Troops program that was coordinated through Soldiers’ Angels.
“BAM!’s Coffee for the Troops program began six weeks ago with the goal of sending 9,800 bags of coffee overseas for the holidays,” said Terrance G. Finley, Chief Executive Officer and President of Books-A-Million, Inc. “With the overwhelming response and generosity from our customers, that goal was quickly surpassed and now, through Soldiers’ Angels, we’re able to donate nearly 19,000 bags of coffee to deployed troops.”
BAM! customers bought bags of coffee and wrote messages to soldiers on the bags, then the coffee was shipped to deployed troops in areas such as Kuwait and Afghanistan. An additional donation of 1 bag for every 5 donated was made, bringing the total donation to 22,800 bags of Joe Muggs coffee.
Soldiers’ Angels was started by the mother of two soldiers, Patti Patton-Bader, who learned that some soldiers in her sons’ deployed units did not receive any mail or support from home. Ms. Bader quickly contacted friends and extended family and within a few months, Soldiers’ Angels went from a mother sending a few packages and letters to an online community with thousands of Angels worldwide. Soldiers’ Angels currently supports tens of thousands of American military personnel around the world and here at home. During the holidays, Soldiers’ Angels sends out more than 30,000 care packages to troops across the world.“It’s companies like Books-A-Million, who stand with our troops, that make the difference and help bring the morale of the troops up and let them know we believe in them,” said Patti Patton-Bader, President and CEO of Soldiers’ Angels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV