BC-Business News Digest
â¿¿ ALLY FINANCIAL-PAYMENT â¿¿ Ally Financial, the former lending arm of GM, repays $4.5 billion of bailout aid owed to the government. The company still owes taxpayers about $11.4 billion.
KIDS INTERNET PRIVACY
WASHINGTON â¿¿ The government has announced new online child privacy rules it says give parents greater control over the personal information that can be collected from preteens on the Internet. Personal information about kids under 13 that cannot be collected without a parent's permission now includes a child's location as well as photos, videos and audio that contain a human image or voice. By Richard Lardner.MARKETS & ECONOMY FISCAL CLIFF WASHINGTON â¿¿ Still short of a "fiscal cliff" deal with the White House, top House Republicans are laboring to rally their rank-and-file behind an alternative plan that would prevent looming tax increases for everyone but those earning over $1 million a year. House Speaker John Boehner's so-called Plan B, which is aimed at letting GOP lawmakers vote to prevent New Year's Day tax boosts on more than 99 percent of taxpayers, was getting a cool reception from conservatives reluctant to boost anyone's taxes, raising questions about whether it could pass the GOP-run House. Even if it could survive in the House, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., declared it dead in his chamber, and the White House rejected it as well. By Alan Fram. AP photos, video, audio With: â¿¿ FISCAL CLIFF-GLANCE â¿¿ A look at the latest offers as Obama, Boehner negotiate to avert the year-end 'fiscal cliff' â¿¿ FISCAL CLIFF-SOCIAL SECURITY â¿¿ Obama offer to slow growth of Social Security benefits at odds with top Democrats in Congress. â¿¿ FISCAL CLIFF-BOEHNER â¿¿ House Speaker John Boehner says President Barack Obama should support a Republican plan to avoid January tax increases on everyone but those earning over $1 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV