Don't Investors Know Obama Will Get His Way?
So while reporters barraged the president with skepticism about fiscal cliff talks, and questioned how he would respond to a Boehner spokesman's latest statement that the White House's "opposition to a back-up plan to ensure taxes don't rise on American families is growing more bizarre and irrational by the day," Obama simply repeated his belief that there's no reason America should go over the fiscal cliff.
Markets fluctuated -- possibly searching for firm direction from Obama's comments -- but the president seemed to telegraph something else: He'll reach a fiscal cliff deal and he'll get mostly what he wants.
-- Written by Joe Deaux in New York.
>Contact by Email.Follow @JoeDeaux
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV