NEW YORK, Dec. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Zweig Fund, Inc. (NYSE: ZF) and The Zweig Total Return Fund, Inc. (NYSE: ZTR) announced that its board of directors declared a distribution payable January 9, 2013 to stockholders of record on December 31, 2012.
The Zweig Fund intends to distribute the greater of 1.5% (6% annualized) of its net asset value on December 31, 2012 or all available net investment income and net short and long term capital gains, in accordance with requirements under the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended. The amount of the distribution will be announced on January 2, 2013.
The Zweig Total Return intends to distribute the greater of 0.58% (7% annualized) of its net asset value on December 31, 2012 or all available net investment income and net short and long term capital gains, in accordance with requirements under the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended. The amount of the distribution will be announced on January 2, 2013.
The distributions may represent earnings from net investment income, capital gains, excess gains taxable as ordinary income or, if necessary, return of capital. You should not draw any conclusions about the Fund's investment performance from the amount of this distribution or from the terms of the Fund's Managed Distribution Plan.The Funds estimate that they have distributed more than its income and net realized capital gains in the fiscal year to date; therefore, a portion of the distribution may be a return of capital. A return of capital may occur, for example, when some or all of the money that you invested in the Fund is paid back to you. A return of capital distribution does not necessarily reflect the Fund's investment performance and should not be confused with "yield" or "income."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV