Three New Commissioners Appointed To The British Columbia Securities Commission
VANCOUVER, Dec. 19, 2012 /CNW/ - Brenda Leong, Chair and Chief Executive Officer of the British Columbia Securities Commission, is pleased to announce the appointment of three new commissioners to its Board.
"I am delighted that Audrey Ho, Judith Downes and George Glover will be joining the commission in the New Year. Together they bring a wealth of business, financial and legal experience to the commission that will be invaluable in guiding our securities regulatory policy and decisions," said Leong.
Audrey Ho is the former Senior Vice-President, Chief General Counsel and Corporate Secretary for TELUS Corporation. She led TELUS' legal strategy to advance the company's strategic objectives and business plans. Audrey also supported the evolution of many of TELUS's board governance practices that have been recognized as exemplary by the Canadian business community.
Judith Downes is a partner, Corporate Finance and Securities Group, for Bull, Housser and Tupper LLP and an active member of its Business Law and Mining groups. Her primary focus has been on corporate finance transactions, including domestic and cross-border debt and equity financings, mergers and acquisitions, as well as securities regulatory matters. She has acted as counsel to a broad range of issuers listed on both TSX and TSX Venture Exchanges.George Glover is the former Managing Partner for Fasken Martineau DuMoulin LLP ( Toronto office). George practiced business law, with a focus on governance, securities, mergers and acquisitions, and financial institution law across a broad range of businesses. He acted as principal Canadian Counsel on a large number of significant Canadian and international transactions. The B.C. Securities Commission is the independent provincial government agency responsible for regulating trading in securities within the province.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV