IRVINE, Calif., Dec. 19, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Consumer Portfolio Services, Inc. (Nasdaq:CPSS) ("CPS" or the "Company") today announced the closing of its fourth term securitization in 2012. The transaction is CPS's seventh senior subordinate securitization since 2011.
In the transaction, qualified institutional buyers purchased $160,000,000 of asset-backed notes secured by automobile receivables purchased by CPS. The sold notes, issued by CPS Auto Receivables Trust 2012-D, consist of five classes. Ratings of the notes were provided by Standard & Poor's and Moody's and were based on the structure of the transaction, the historical performance of similar receivables and CPS's experience as a servicer.
|Note Class||Amount||Interest||Average||Price||Standard &||Moody's|
|A||$122.4 million||1.48%||1.67 years||99.98791%||AA-||A2|
|B||$14.4 million||1.94%||1.93 years||99.98668%||A||A2|
|C||$9.6 million||2.64%||2.68 years||99.99637%||BBB+||Baa2|
|D||$8.0 million||4.82%||2.32 years||99.98014%||BB||Ba2|
|E||$5.6 million||7.26%||1.88 years||99.99292%||BB-||B1|
The weighted average effective coupon on the notes is approximately 2.06%.The 2012-D transaction has initial credit enhancement consisting of a cash deposit equal to 1.00% of the original receivable pool balance. The final enhancement level requires accelerated payment of principal on the notes to reach overcollateralization of 11.50% of the then-outstanding receivable pool balance.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV