Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
Jim Cramer told Debra Borchardt at TheStreet.com that he expects the stock could rise with the "government motors" stigma finally lifted.
Cramer said that while many expected the government's TARP program to lose hundreds of billions of dollars, that simply didn't happen. While the government may be taking a loss on its stake in GM, other bailouts, including American International Group (AIG), made billions for the Treasury and have made the program overall a tremendous success.Cramer said he wouldn't sell GM now because auto sales continue to be strong. He noted that GM is behind in its restructuring efforts in Europe, but overall auto demand should help the stock hold these levels. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV