SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., Dec. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- General Dynamics C4 Systems' recent delivery of 674 AN/PRC-112G® radios to the U.S. Air Force included the 30,000 th combat search and rescue (CSAR) radio fielded by General Dynamics. The PRC-112 radio, which is part of the HOOK2® CSAR system, has been connecting downed military pilots, aircrew and isolated personnel to search and rescue team members since the early 1980s.
"In Iraq, Afghanistan and around the world, the HOOK2 search and rescue system has helped to save the lives of military personnel isolated or in harm's way during a mission" said Chris Marzilli, president of General Dynamics C4 Systems. "We continue to improve the system and deliver the technical expertise and training that are critical to successful combat search and rescue missions."
The HOOK2 CSAR system includes the AN/PRC-112G radio which is carried by pilots, aircrew and special operations personnel, providing them with secure, two-way communications and automated alerts that help rescue crews identify and locate them quickly. The airborne component of the system, the Quickdraw2® Interrogator, is used aboard the search and rescue aircraft to locate the position of personnel and send secure responses back to the AN/PRC-112G radio. A satellite communications base station helps CSAR teams to locate and communicate with the AN/PRC-112G radio over long distances.
In addition to the U.S. Department of Defense, the HOOK2 system is used by NATO and coalition partners in 29 countries.More information about the HOOK2 system and the AN/PRC-112G radio is available at www.gdc4s.com/HOOK2. For more information about General Dynamics C4 Systems, a business unit of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), please visit www.gdc4s.com. More information about General Dynamics is available at www.generaldynamics.com.
SOURCE General Dynamics C4 Systems
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV