PSS Receives Surescripts(R) Certification For EDispense Software
JACKSONVILLE, Fla., Dec. 19, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- PSS World Medical, Inc. (Nasdaq:PSSI) announced today that its eDispense software has been certified by Surescripts ® for prescription routing. EDispense, part of the PSS in‑office pharmaceutical dispensing solution, will now be able to receive electronic prescriptions through the Surescripts network.
"We are committed to strengthening caregivers and improving patient convenience by enhancing the value of our point-of-care treatment solutions," explained Scott Helfrich, Vice President and General Manager of PSS Dispensing. "Connectivity to the Surescripts network increases efficiency and convenience in the dispensing process and ultimately helps to improve patient medication adherence. The streamlined workflow is integrated into the electronic e-prescription writing process within the caregiver's electronic health records (EHR) so that when they create an electronic prescription, the patient can easily choose to have it filled through the in-office dispensing system via the Surescripts network."
PSS Dispensing is one of the nation's largest point-of-care treatment solution providers. Solutions include high quality pre-packaged medications that deliver quality patient care and improved patient compliance.PSS Dispensing offers:
- The latest in regulatory and compliance information;
- Large formulary of medications to customize according to practice needs;
- FDA approved pre-packaged medication in "unit-of-use" quantities; and
- VAWD accredited, DEA- and FDA-approved facilities.
CONTACT: Jenny Kobin Vice President, Investor Relations 904-332-3287
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts