The Office Depot Foundation - the independent, non-profit foundation that serves as the primary charitable giving arm of Office Depot (NYSE: ODP) - will celebrate its commitment to caring and making a difference by ringing The Closing Bell ® at the New York Stock Exchange on Wednesday, December 19.
To commemorate the visit, the Foundation will donate a number of its special Teddy B. Caring holiday bears along with sackpacks containing essential school supplies for children at P.S. 279 Herman Schreiber School in Brooklyn and Leo F. Giblyn School in Freeport on Long Island, both of which were damaged by Hurricane Sandy. Children, teachers and parents from both schools will participate in the bell-ringing with Office Depot Foundation President Mary Wong and other guests.
“We are honored to have this opportunity to highlight our commitment to serving children, families and communities around the world,” Wong said. “We are especially pleased to donate teddy bears and school supplies to the children of P.S. 279 and Giblyn School to brighten their holidays as they continue to recover from Hurricane Sandy.”
The Office Depot Foundation is known for several strategic initiatives that support its commitment to caring, including:
- The National Backpack Program - Helping kids succeed in school by donating more than 2.9 million backpacks and sackpacks to deserving children since 2001.
- Dream UP Career Exploration Program - Enabling middle school students to learn about future career opportunities and write essays about their “Dream Job.”
- 1-888-MY BIZ HELP - Helping non-profits and small businesses recover and rebuild after natural disasters via a 24-hour toll-free hotline, the National Disaster Help Desk for Business, in collaboration with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Business Civic Leadership Center.
- Weekend in Boca Civil Society Leadership Symposium - A free conference for non-profit organizations that focuses on capacity building, innovation and collaboration.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV