SEATTLE, Dec. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Boeing [NYSE: BA] and FedEx Express, a wholly owned subsidiary of FedEx Corp., today announced an order for four 767 Freighters. The order is part of FedEx's initiative to modernize its fleet.
"These additional 767 orders will help accelerate our fleet modernization program as we replace our aging MD-10 freighter fleet," said James R. Parker, FedEx Express executive vice president, air operations. "These new 767s will provide significantly improved reliability and are substantially more fuel-efficient than the aircraft they will replace. They will be an excellent addition to the FedEx fleet."
The addition of the 767 Freighters will enable FedEx to replace its less efficient medium widebody cargo airplanes with freighters that provide fuel, maintenance and other cost savings. The freighters also increase efficiency by sharing spare parts, tooling and flight simulators with the Boeing 757s that are part of the FedEx air fleet.
"The 767 Freighter is an ideal fit for FedEx Express," said Brad McMullen, vice president of North America Sales for Boeing Commercial Airplanes. "It will provide a more efficient freighter for FedEx Express's fleet modernization efforts and help align its network with anticipated cargo volumes."The 767 Freighter is based on the popular 767-300ER (extended range) passenger airplane. Able to carry approximately 58 tons (52.7 tonnes) of revenue cargo with intercontinental range, the 767-300 Freighter is ideal for developing new long-haul, regional or feeder markets. Contact: Tim Bader North America/Leasing Communications425-717-0672 Tim.email@example.com More information: http://www.boeing.com/commercial/767family/300f/index.html Photo and caption are available here: http://boeing.mediaroom.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV