NEW YORK, Dec. 19, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The NASDAQ Stock Market today announced that it will host its 2 nd annual "Fit Week" to promote healthy living in the New Year. NASDAQ-listed companies with a focus on healthy living and active lifestyles will ring the Opening and Closing Bells on each of the days between Wednesday, January 2 and Monday, January 7 at the NASDAQ MarketSite in Times Square.
Participating companies include:
- Steiner Leisure Limited [STNR], a premier provider of spa products and services, and its subsidiary Bliss will ring the Opening Bell;
- NutriSystem Inc [NTRI], the leading provider of home-delivered weight loss meal plans;
- The Fresh Market, Inc. [TFM], a specialty grocery retailer focused on providing high-quality products and a unique shopping experience;
- Jamba Juice Company. [JMBA], a leading healthy, active lifestyle brand offering specialty beverage and food items;
- lululemon athletica inc. [LULU], a yoga-inspired athletic apparel company.
In addition to ringing the Opening or Closing Bell during "Fit Week", participating companies will also be featured on NASDAQ's Facebook and Twitter pages where they will provide customized tips for maintaining a healthy lifestyle in 2013.To find photos from NASDAQ "Fit Week" 2012 and for upcoming photos from "Fit Week" 2013, please visit: http://www.nasdaq.com/marketsite/fitweek1102/fitweek2013.html About NASDAQ OMX: The inventor of the electronic exchange, The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc., fuels economies and provides transformative technologies for the entire lifecycle of a trade - from risk management to trade to surveillance to clearing. In the U.S. and Europe, we own and operate 23 markets, 3 clearinghouses and 5 central securities depositories supporting equities, options, fixed income, derivatives, commodities, futures and structured products. Able to process more than 1 million messages per second at sub-40 microsecond speeds with 99.99+% uptime, our technology drives more than 70 marketplaces in 50 developed and emerging countries into the future, powering 1 in 10 of the world's securities transactions. Our award-winning data products and worldwide indexes are the benchmarks in the financial industry. Home to approximately 3,400 listed companies worth $6 trillion in market cap whose innovations shape our world, we give the ideas of tomorrow access to capital today. Welcome to where the world takes a big leap forward, daily. Welcome to the NASDAQ OMX Century. To learn more, visit www.nasdaqomx.com . Follow us on Facebook ( www.facebook.com/NASDAQ ) and Twitter ( www.twitter.com/nasdaqomx ). (Symbol: NDAQ and member of S&P 500) The information contained above is provided for informational and educational purposes only, and nothing contained herein should be construed as investment advice, either on behalf of a particular security or an overall investment strategy. Neither The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. nor any of its affiliates makes any recommendation to buy or sell any security or any representation about the financial condition of any company. Statements regarding NASDAQ-listed companies are not guarantees of future performance. Actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied. Past performance is not indicative of future results. Investors should undertake their own due diligence and carefully evaluate companies before investing. ADVICE FROM A SECURITIES PROFESSIONAL IS STRONGLY ADVISED.
CONTACT: Jennifer Knapp, NASDAQ +1 212 401 8916 Jennifer.Knapp@nasdaqomx.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV