Shutterfly, Inc. (NASDAQ:SFLY), the leading manufacturer and digital retailer of high-quality personalized products and services, today announced that it has entered into an agreement to license 1,100 Kodak imaging patents, as well as other patents that Kodak is keeping as part of its on-going business.
“As the market leader in digital personalized photo products and services, Shutterfly continues to invest in its intellectual property portfolio through licensing and internal innovation, which includes 55 patents granted and more than 50 patent applications in the U.S. and abroad,” said Jeffrey Housenbold, president and chief executive officer at Shutterfly. “We’ve partnered with a consortium of global technology firms to come to an agreement that supports the business objectives of all parties involved.”
This proposed agreement also dismisses current patent-related litigation between Shutterfly and Kodak.
About Shutterfly Inc.Shutterfly, Inc. is the leading manufacturer and digital retailer of high-quality personalized products and services offered through a family of lifestyle brands. Founded in 1999, the Shutterfly, Inc. family of brands includes: Shutterfly, where your photos come to life in photo books, cards and gifts; Tiny Prints, premium cards and stationery for all life’s occasions; Wedding Paper Divas, wedding invitations and stationery for every step of the planning process; and Treat, personalized greeting cards that really stand out. For more information about Shutterfly, Inc. (NASDAQ:SFLY), visit www.shutterfly.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV