Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: HOT) has partnered with GJP Hotéis & Resorts to expand the presence of its global powerhouse brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts in Brazil. Sheraton da Bahia Hotel will be located in Salvador, one of the most important tourist destinations in the country. The 284-room historic Hotel da Bahia is currently undergoing an extensive renovation and will re-open to its full splendor by Q1 2013. It will be operated by local hotelier GJP Hotéis & Resorts under a franchise agreement.
“We are thrilled to expand our portfolio of Sheraton hotels in Brazil and partner with GJP Hotéis & Resorts to open our first hotel in Salvador, one of the country’s most important cities,” said Osvaldo Librizzi, Co-President of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Americas. “This additional hotel in Brazil, highlights our distinctive positioning in this fast-growing market and the strength of the Sheraton brand in the upper upscale hotel segment.”
Starwood currently operates seven properties in Brazil under the Sheraton and Four Points by Sheraton brands. Sheraton da Bahia Hotel will be the 6 th Sheraton in Brazil marking another important step in the brand’s global expansion plan to reach a milestone of 500 Sheraton properties by 2015. A 7 th Sheraton, Starwood’s 9 th property in the country, is scheduled to open by Q1 2014, the Sheraton Reserva do Paiva Hotel and Conference Center in Recife.
“This is a historic time for the Sheraton brand. Starwood has invested billions of dollars in renovating iconic properties and bringing the brand to the most important places in the world,” said Hoyt Harper, Global Brand Leader for Sheraton Hotels. “Brazil is now a powerhouse economy whose prominence around the world will be permanently established with the upcoming World Cup and Olympic Games, and Sheraton is thrilled to expand its presence there during these exciting times.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV