MENLO PARK, Calif., Dec. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Protiviti Inc. ( www.protiviti.com) a global consulting firm, announced that it has purchased the assets of SusQtech Inc., a move to meet the needs of Protiviti's client base – as well as that of parent company Robert Half's staffing client base – and the market demand for Protiviti's Microsoft technology-based consulting services. SusQtech, with offices in the greater Washington, D.C. area and Chicago, is a leading provider of SharePoint implementation, design, integration, training and customer support services.
"By combining SusQtech and Protiviti's software consulting services, we will be able to assist even more companies in gaining the most out of their Microsoft technology-based initiatives to meet their specific business goals and achieve measureable benefits," said Joseph Tarantino, president and CEO of Protiviti. "The addition of SusQtech's deep technical talent and strategic relationships will further fuel the growth of Protiviti's expanding global IT Consulting engine."
Protiviti's IT Consulting solutions provide clients with a broad range of software services. The addition of the SusQtech team strengthens Protiviti's SharePoint experience and enhances the firm's ability to deliver Microsoft technology-based consulting services using the agile software development method that includes information architecture, design, configuration, development and deployment."If designed and configured properly for content management and collaboration, SharePoint can dramatically streamline workflows, increase efficiency and boost workforce productivity as part of an organization's enterprise information platform. However, we are often called upon by companies to help rescue SharePoint initiatives by providing program management because internal staff lack qualified Microsoft technology skills or program management accountability for achieving desired results," said Kurt Underwood, Protiviti managing director and global head of the firm's IT Consulting practice. "The addition of SusQtech's talent and relationships expands our delivery capacity and knowledge base in SharePoint, ASP.NET, and Microsoft's ERP and CRM applications. And, Protiviti will now be uniquely positioned to offer the marketplace highly effective SharePoint user training and on-call support services." Privately held SusQtech was founded in 2005 and has 58 employees. A 12-time Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, SusQtech is the organizer of the annual SharePoint Conference .ORG and the creator of TheSUG.Org, an online SharePoint user community. Protiviti plans to retain SusQtech's employees and will continue to serve its key clients. SusQtech's CEO Mike Steadman, President Rob Hustick and Executive Vice President Jim LaRocca, who all have extensive SharePoint experience, now become Protiviti managing directors:
- As CEO and co-founder of SusQtech, Steadman was instrumental in growing the company and focusing it on SharePoint-based solutions. Steadman and his partners launched one of the first large-scale SharePoint support offerings. Before joining SusQtech, Steadman spent 10 years with the U.S. Air Force, assigned to the U.S. Special Operations Command and previously worked at Cargill International. He also serves on the advisory boards of the Harry F. Byrd, Jr. School of Business at Shenandoah University and the College of Business at James Madison University. Steadman holds an M.S. degree in information technology management from Virginia Tech and a B.S. degree in computer science from James Madison University.
- Rob Hustick has 23 years of experience managing enterprise-level technology and business initiatives. Prior to serving as president of SusQtech, Hustick was president and CEO of Live Elements; chief operating officer of Wise Online Services; and executive producer of the interactive division of the American Museum of Natural History. Hustick is also the director of SharePoint Conference .ORG. He has lectured extensively on social and professional networking, content management, and web development methodologies. Hustick earned his B.S. degree at the State University of New York at Binghamton.
- Jim LaRocca has been responsible for SusQtech's overall business development efforts since the firm's inception. He has worked strategically with a diverse customer base leveraging the SharePoint platform to drive overall business efficiency. LaRocca has consulted with clients to develop hundreds of SharePoint solutions focused on knowledge and content management, enterprise collaboration, information governance and business intelligence. Well known in the Microsoft partner community, LaRocca has developed relationships with many complementary software companies to help SusQtech's customers maximize their SharePoint implementations. Prior to joining SusQtech, LaRocca held several management positions in the technology publishing industry with CMP Media and The Times Mirror Company. He holds a B.B.A. in finance from St. Bonaventure University.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV