The Coca-Cola Company today announced the launch of a free-to-play mobile game, (THRED), available now on the App Store for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. (THRED) is a joint project between The Coca-Cola Company and (RED) developed to raise awareness and funds for the fight to end mother-to-child transmission of HIV by 2015.
The (THRED) App will help raise money for The Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria – the world's leading financer of programs to fight these three diseases. Throughout the game, users will have the opportunity to purchase power-ups and select items via In-App Purchase. All proceeds (excluding taxes) will be donated to the Global Fund to invest in HIV/AIDS programs in Africa, including treatment for prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV.
Developed by BitMonster with an Unreal Engine 3 license donated by Epic Games, (THRED) is designed to engage consumers in captivating gameplay, through:
- Content: This endless runner genre game takes place in an abstract 3D world of technological walls, ever-shifting obelisks, living dragon-like gateways and powerful collectibles. As players progress through the game, they’ll find amazing colors and shifting walls while the entire soundscape changes with them.
- Visuals: (THRED) delivers an endless flight using Epic Games’ Unreal Engine to push the visuals even further with features including lens flares, blooming highlights, Fresnel shaders and extensive particle effects.
- Soundtrack: As part of World AIDS Day, Tiësto teamed up with (RED) to create an exclusive compilation album, DANCE (RED), SAVE LIVES, to fight AIDS in Africa. From the same album, Tiësto generously donated the Skidka remix of the Tiësto & Swanky Tunes track, ‘Make Some Noise’, for (THRED). Along with additional music by DJ Poet and TOKiMONSTA, the gorgeous abstract soundscape creates a phenomenal music experience.
- Compete with Friends: Dodge obstacles, collect power-ups and improve your avatar as you compete for high scores with your Game Center friends.
Deborah Dugan, CEO, (RED), said; “(RED) aims to give people as many ways as possible to join the fight against AIDS. With the launch of (THRED), people can make an impact with the touch of a button while playing a game they’ll love.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts