Fiserv, Inc. (NASDAQ:FISV), a leading global provider of financial services technology solutions, today announced the release of a white paper that explores the potential return on investment (ROI) for financial institutions that expand mobile banking beyond foundational services. The complimentary whitepaper, “Next Generation Mobile Banking: Transactions Increase Potential Return on Investment,” can be downloaded at www.fiserv.com/mobile-ROI.
As consumer interest in mobile banking and payments continues to increase, financial institutions have responded by implementing basic mobile banking and payments services such as the ability to check account balances, locate ATMs and make bill payments. Many financial institutions have recognized a positive ROI from these foundational services, and would like to project the potential value of adding additional transactional capabilities such as person-to-person payments or remote deposit capture. The ability to project ROI is essential to building the business case for new mobile banking investments.
The Fiserv white paper outlines how financial institutions can project return on mobile banking investment by focusing on four value propositions:
- Increased Customer Retention – According to CEB TowerGroup research, mobile banking customers are half as likely to leave when compared to online banking customers 1;
- Reduced Channel Costs – Mobile banking enables the migration of customers from high cost offline channels to the lower cost to serve mobile channel;
- Transaction Generation – Mobile banking use encourages value-generating activities such as increased debit card usage;
- Expanded Customer Base – Financial institutions can expand their customer bases simply by offering mobile banking.
The paper also summarizes two ways financial institutions can maximize ROI by offering more transactional mobile banking capabilities:
- Greater Mobile Adoption – Adding new features increases adoption because customers find the service more useful, and enhanced functionality allows customers to shift interactions away from higher cost banking channels;
- New Revenue Sources – Financial institutions can generate new revenue streams through next generation mobile banking services including person-to-person (P2P) payments, remote deposit capture (RDC), merchant-funded offers and other cross-selling opportunities.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts