- An individual is at home and takes a traditional circuit switched call on their smartphone. They leave home and head into their work place, at which point the NCG recognises the phone has entered a "known Wi-Fi zone" and associates the registration of CounterPath's Bria mobile app with the mobile number. At that point, the NCG will route all incoming calls to their cell phone number via the Bria IP endpoint on their smartphone.
- An employee leaves Vancouver for San Francisco. When they land, their phone (via the NCG) recognises a country shift, and routes calls to the Bria IP endpoint over the data channel instead of the circuit switched channel so that the user avoids costly voice roaming fees. To completely avoid any roaming costs, the user can also choose to alter their settings to Wi-Fi only.
- The same person then departs San Francisco and heads to London. While that person is in transit, the NCG realizes they are no longer on the network and routes all incoming calls to voicemail. When they land in the UK, a time zone change is recognized by the NCG, and it applies rules to route calls to either the Bria IP endpoint or voicemail depending on when the person is likely to be asleep in London.
CounterPath Awarded Patent Overseeing Routing Of Mobile Voice Calls
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.